Writing as Adria Townsend and J. S. Laurenz

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dime Store Cowgrrl

Dime Store Cowgrrl


The rush is on!  Publishing is like a Wild West town right now and I’m saddling up to enter the fray.  I picked Dime Store Cowgrrl to be my blog name because I like how it sounds like Drug Store Cowboy, but makes a historical reference to the inexpensive novels printed on pulp paper in the 1800s and sold at Five and Dime stores.  I’ve always wanted to be the next dime store novelist, and now, adjusting for inflation, I can be!  My historical romance novel, To Conquer the Heart of a King, is priced at 99 cents. 

“Dime Store Cowgirl” was already taken by an artist who has a western theme.  Succeeding in this market takes flexibility and so I changed the spelling to Cowgrrl.  Although my romance contains passion and sensitivity, I realize that to market it I’m going to need that grr factor.  True grrit to make it in this free-for-all that is the publishing industry where everybody wants to be sheriff. 

I’ll be blogging about my motivations, my inspirations and my progress.  Saddle up with me and come along for the ride!  You can ride shotgun. 



Here’s a link to information about dime novels:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dime_novel

No comments:

Post a Comment